Mission and Objectives
Established in 1894, CLHIA is a voluntary non-profit association with member companies accounting for 99 per cent of Canada’s life and health insurance business.
The mission of the CLHIA is to serve its members in areas of common interest, need or concern. In carrying out this mission, the Association shall ensure that the views and interests of its diverse membership and of the public are equitably addressed.
Based on its mission and operating philosophy, the strategic objectives of the Association are:
- 1. To build consensus among members on issues and concerns of importance to the industry.
2. To promote a legislative and regulatory environment favourable to the business of its members.
3. To foster sound and equitable principles in the conduct of the business of its members.
4. To inform and educate members about domestic developments and, where warranted, international developments of importance to them.
5. To preserve and advance the industry's reputation.
6. To promote, on behalf of its members, public policies that contribute to the betterment of the Canadian economy and society.
7. To deliver maximum value for money to its members.